Are you ready to advance the state of intelligent flight capabilities beyond anything that exists in the world today? Deimos-One is leading the future commercial space age with the development of our long-duration, autonomous flight vehicles – powering the next generation of collaborative swarm systems and stratospheric spacecraft. Our team leverages deep experience in artificial intelligence and aerospace technology to expand the economic bounds of humankind. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging projects to advance autonomous flight capabilities for human and robotic missions to the Moon, Mars, and elsewhere in the solar system.
DEIMOS-ONE DATA SCIENCE
The Deimos-One Data Science team provides deep data analytics capabilities to support in-house mission objectives, as well as advanced, client-focused, semi and fully autonomous data examination, spanning beyond traditional business intelligence, to efficiently and effectively manage risk, predict outcomes, and make better decisions faster, even in times of great uncertainty. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk analysis, space information resources, and cutting-edge technology, helps today’s business leaders discover deeper insights than they ever thought possible.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for securing new contracts for Deimos-One in the Space Intelligence Business Unit. This role will be responsible for growing a sales pipeline, developing new leads, engaging potential and existing customers, and understanding the problems they are trying to solve; matching to the capabilities, products and services that Deimos-One offers, current and future. Understanding of Remote Sensing/ISR analytics in multiple industries, e.g., Earth Science, Military, Farming, Public Safety, Utilities, Oil and Gas, etc., is highly desirable. Experience with autonomous systems is a plus. Candidate must goal oriented, self-motivated, hardworking, passionate, and above anything possess a desire to win. We are passionate about data and our employees.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead business development strategy for the Deimos-One Data Science team and agencies/organizations
- Conduct the planning, design, implementation, and execution of focused sales campaigns to generate new business to support Remote Sensing/ISR analytics and Deimos-One partners/customers
- Interface with key stakeholders, including attending both remote and in-person meetings, to deliver milestones and services as required by the client and/or contract
- Develop customer acquisition initiatives to support the Deimos-One mission of becoming a leader in the collection, analysis, and delivery of actionable sensory data and space analytics
- Generate new business leads that support and align with Deimos-One technical capabilities
- Lead business development strategy and sales generation for civil agencies and commercial customers
- Design and deploy focused sales campaigns aimed at expanding the Deimos-One presence and brand
- Develop value story, technology and product positioning for business and technical users
- Assess client needs by gaining an understanding of specific issues facing the client based on their business requirements
- Align customer requirements/roadmaps with Deimos-One technical capabilities
- Manage business relationships for specific clients including: customer satisfaction, contract negotiations, issue management, and development of solutions for client issues
- Build relationships across client and prospect organizations to maintain desired pipeline levels
- Create and develop go to market channels for deeper market penetration
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in a technical-sales environment
- Business development experience in the aerospace and/or defense industry
- Economics, Math, or Engineering degree and/or previous experience in a quantitative deep-tech role
- Experience carrying a revenue quota as an individual contributor
- Experience with hardware, communications, or networking technologies
- Experience at an early-stage technology startup that went to scale
- Experience in analytics as applied to Earth observation imagery
- Familiarity with advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning, forecasting, simulation, neural networks, cluster analysis, multivariate statistics, graph analysis, and complex event processing
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology analytics, research and development
- Autonomy to have a flexible work schedule, with tools and resources to help support your career ambitions
- Support from a world class team that embraces innovation and challenges the status quo
- Establishment and/or growth of a reputation as a leader in your field
- Potential for position to transition into Director of Business Development
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
In addition to transforming the future of autonomous systems, we are also transforming how and where we work. Deimos-One is making job flexibility a top priority to our employees. We’ve introduced the following role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our blended work environment. Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our space vehicles.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Deimos-One is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Deimos-One is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Deimos-One’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (702) 505-9782
Job Type: Freelance
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Work Location: This position is remote and candidates must be located in the United States
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering, or related STEM discipline
Salary Range: $80,000 – $95,000
Willingness to travel: 25% (Preferred)
**This position is CONTINGENT upon completion of a favorable background investigation, and the ability to obtain and maintain required clearance.