The Deimos-One Data Science team provides deep data analytics capabilities to support in-house mission objectives, as well as advanced, client-focused, semi and fully autonomous data examination, spanning beyond traditional business intelligence, to efficiently and effectively manage risk, predict outcomes, and make better decisions faster, even in times of great uncertainty. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk analysis, space information resources, and cutting-edge technology, helps today’s business leaders discover deeper insights than they ever thought possible.
We are seeking an ace Data Scientist within the Deimos-One Space Intelligence and Analytics (SIA) Mission Area. Your primary task will be to advance the development of large language models (LLMs) and other deep learning paradigms. This role is critical in leveraging state-of-the-art AI technologies to drive transformative solutions across a diverse range of industries including economics, corporate finance, marketing, and sales; and for governmental agencies such as NASA, and the United States Air Force. This position assumes a key role in driving Deimos-One AI research and application, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to not only solve real-world challenges, but also challenges beyond our solar system.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop design, build, and refine large language models that are tailored to specific industry needs
- Optimize LLMs to deliver high accuracy and relevance in applications ranging from natural language processing to predictive analytics
- Conduct deep learning and AI research, translating theoretical advancements into practical applications for economic analysis, financial forecasting, and customer insights
- Oversee the collection, processing, and analysis of datasets to train and validate deep learning models
- Implement robust data strategies that ensure data integrity, privacy, and scalability
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years working in the field of machine learning or Artificial intelligence, including computer vision, transformer models, convoluted neural networks, generative adversarial networks, and other autoencoders
- Extensive Python experience
- Experience with machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or other similar libraries
- Knowledge of cloud computing services (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of distributed computing such as Spark, Hadoop, Kubernetes.
- Must understand how to apply ML technology to solve business problems. Must be applied.
- Knowledge of C++ a plus
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology analytics, research and development
- Autonomy to have a flexible work schedule, with tools and resources to help support your career ambitions
- Support from a world class team that embraces innovation and challenges the status quo
- Establishment and/or growth of a reputation as a leader in your field
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
In addition to transforming the future of AI and machine learning systems, we are also transforming how and where we work. Deimos-One is making job flexibility a top priority to our employees. We’ve introduced the following role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our blended work environment. Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our space vehicles.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Deimos-One is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Deimos-One is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Deimos-One’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (702) 505-9782
PhD in computer science, mathematics, statistics or electrical engineering
Salary Range: $90,000 – $140,000
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Desired Work Location:
United States (hybrid/remote/onsite)
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
Willingness to travel: 10% (Preferred)